A Two Egg TV Page. See more at https://twoeggflorida.com.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Editor supports targeting of my deceased dad over Dozier story

On Saturday (9/7/2013) I posted a statement here that a reporter from the Tampa Bay Times was investigating my deceased father because of my personal stand on the Dozier School Cemetery issue.

Please follow this link to read my original statement: Tampa reporter targets my deceased father over Dozier story.

My father was never an employee of Dozier School, had no association of any kind with the Dozier School Cemetery and no involvement with the "White House" abuse allegations involving Dozier School.  The reporter, Ben Montgomery, indicates he is investigating my father because he is "trying to figure out why you're so vociferous."

In other words, Mr. Montgomery admits he is investigating my late father because I dared to exercise my rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

I have filed a protest of his conduct with both the President/CEO and Managing Editor of his newspaper. I have received the following response from Mike Nelson, Managing Editor of the Tampa Bay Times:

From: "mike@tampabay.com"
To: Dale Cox
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: Improper conduct by Times reporter

Dear Mr. Cox,

As I told you before, Ben Montgomery has the Tampa Bay Times' full support in his efforts to find the truth of what happened at Dozier.

Sincerely,

Mike Wilson
Managing Editor
mike@tampabay.com
(phone) 727-892-2924 | (fax) 727-893-8675
Tampa Bay Times (formerly St. Petersburg Times)
Florida’s largest newspaper now has a name that matches the region it serves.
twitter: @mwilsontimes | Facebook: tampabay.com 

--

Mr. Wilson's statement indicates to me that if you use your First Amendment rights to speak out against any issue on which his newspaper has taken a position, he will consider it acceptable for his newspaper's reporter to target and investigate your deceased parents.

In my view, this conduct on the part of the Tampa Bay Times is unethical, immoral and improper. If you would like to voice your opinion to Mr. Wilson, his email is mike@tampabaytimes.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're both probably Yankee transplants! LOL This entire scenario is totally ridiculous!!!

Anonymous said...

This is only a ploy to get you to back off. Trying to hit you where it hurts. Tampa Bull **** South Florida is ruined so why not finish off the entire state of Florida. Make North Florida look as STUPID as South Florida.

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing you cite your first amendment rights while questioning the same rights of another media outlet. While investigating your father does seem rather stupid and a total waste of time I don't quite understand your hysteria. If he has nothing to do with the situation then the paper and this reporter are just wasting their time and money. Neither of those things should be of concern to you. The first amendment addresses the government not being able to stop free speech or freedom of the press. You citing it has absolutely zero relevance to what this reporter is doing. He is not an agent of the government.

Anonymous said...

and I'm sure you are too much of a coward to approve my comment. But you have seen it and maybe learned something from it.

Dale Cox said...

I believe it does have relevance because the editor and reporter in this case targeted me simply because I had exercised my rights under the first amendment. As I am sure you are aware, journalistic ethics codes prohibit targeting someone simply because they chose to exercise their rights to free speech under the first amendment. The reason why I was so "hysterical" as you put it is because I have great regard for my sister and mother who still feel the loss of my father very much. By targeting my father, these individuals also targeted them and caused them great pain. Even though I spent many years of my life in journalism, I came out of it with my heart intact and chose to defend my family. I won't respond to your personal insults and will simply wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God bless.